Monday, November 29, 2010

Gluten Free Bread Recipe was a flop

A few months ago, I posted a recipe for Gluten Free Bread. I was excited to try it because the blogger I borrowed it from had a tempting photo of a loaf of bread and promised it would be delicious.

My bread turned out looking similar but didn't rise as much. When I tasted an end piece, I was pleasantly surprised at how familiar the taste was. It reminded me of whole wheat bread. But as I cut in to the loaf I noticed that it looked a little uncooked and gummy. I figured it was my fault for taking the loaf out too early even though I followed the directions exactly.

I tried the recipe again and left it in for an extra 10 minutes. I still had the same problem. Too gummy in the middle of the loaf. I love the taste of this bread but not the texture.

Now some of you might enjoy a moist bread and I still recommend that you try this recipe if you're on the hunt for a good gluten free sandwich bread. However, I found that I still needed to toast every last piece for that desired texture.

I'm still going to play around with this recipe. It does call for for quite a bit of Xantham gum and I'm noticing that I'm not a fan of what the gums do to my recipes.

I'm back on the hunt for a great Gluten Free Bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment