Monday, November 29, 2010

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies & Gluten Free Oatcho Cookies

I'm a pregnant lady on the prowl for sweets and, oh, how I've missed the taste of cookies. The last cookie I ate was an Oreo and that was over 250 days ago! Yes, I'm counting.

Last weekend, I decided it was time to end the no cookie madness and I made two wonderfully delicious batches of cookies. The first was a no fuss Peanut Butter Cookie and the second was a more complicated, but well worth it, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie. I hope you'll try both!


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies



1 cup Peanut Butter (I prefer the smooth kind)
1 cup Sugar
1 egg beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c chocolate chip cookies (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls the size of golf balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet and push ball flat with a fork. Bake for 8-10 mins at 350 F.




Gluten Free Oatcho Cookies (Oatmeal Chocolate Chip)



Preheat oven to 350 F.

1/2 c butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 lrg egg
1/2 tsp xantham gum
1 1/2 cup gluten free oats (fine)
1/2 c chocolate chips or raisins

Cream brown sugar and butter together. Add egg and vanilla. Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl (excluding raisins or chocolate chips). Slowly add dry mixture. I used my hands to make sure all the oats made it in to the batter. Add raisins or chocolate chips. Roll into balls the size of golf balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls with a fork. Bake for 10-12 mins.

Note: I used a flour that contains Xantham gum and didn't feel the need to add the additional amount this recipe calls for. If you do not add chocolate chips or raisins, I recommend including it in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment